Medical aesthetics training is an industry that’s been blooming big time over the past few years. In a world where people are so self-cautious of their appearance, medical aesthetics treatments give clients the opportunity to safety and effectively rid unwanted imperfections without the high risks or costs of plastic surgery. However, this industry is a lot bigger than you may think. Below is a list of 5 things you may not have known about laser technicians or laser training.
5. Non-surgical cosmetic procedures, including Botox, dermal fillers, laser hair removal, and other laser treatments made up 83% of cosmetic treatments performed in 2011, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
4. More and more people are receiving laser hair removal treatments, including the 1.1 million procedures performed last year.
3. In most states, it doesn’t matter what career path you come from. People who were once in sales, business, medicine, etc. have come to receive cosmetic laser training.
2. You don’t have to be an aesthetician to receive cosmetic laser training with National Laser Institute. Many people assume they need to attend aesthetician school beforehand, but in reality you can actually receive laser training first, if you prefer.
1. With cosmetic laser traning, you have the opportunity to make more money. Cosmetic laser treatments, like laser hair removal and Botox, don’t require the hassle of insurance since they are essentially beauty treatments. This means you get to keep 100% of what you charge for treatments.